Sunday, November 6, 2011

"It's quiet...too quiet"


Usually we think of fireworks as being pretty great, right?  And literal ones typically are, but the non-literal, verbal, interpersonal ones that have been going off in my house since yesterday?  Not so so groovy.  

This is the part where I type a bunch of stuff that I really shouldn't put out onto the internet, reread it, realize that I shouldn't put it out there, and delete it.  Bah!

Have no illusions, being a step-parent is hard, and is not for the faint of heart.  I knew this going in to my marriage and took it on happily.  I knew what baggage came with my new family.  It's not that I'm complaining about that really, it's just that the last 6 months I have gotten a taste of what our life is like without the baggage and now that I'm having to face reality again, I'm having some growing pains.  :-(  

No comments:

Post a Comment