Saturday, October 22, 2011

"I just loooove going at the mountains"

Alexis has been asking about going camping for months.  I'm not 100% sure that she quite understands the concept of camping but in theory she wants to do it quite badly.

Last weekend we took an impromptu family trip to the mountains of NC, Boone, NC specifically.  I had a work related conference that I was presenting at and Tony was going to have to take the time off work any way to watch the girls at night since I wouldn't be there, so it suddenly made perfect sense for everyone to go.

We decided that it was time to give into the demands of our lovely little lady and go "camping". "Camping" for a six year old and a two year old reads a one room cabin with electricity in a fairly modern campground but really come on she's only six, no way she'd figure out that's not "real" camping, right? Wrong.  We were busted pretty much from the get go.

But hey both girls had a blast, and by day 2 Bella even managed to over come her mind-boggling fear over public restrooms.  Seriously prior to this trip if you even mentioned going potty while in a public place she would begin screaming at the top of her lungs and literally drop so that if you wanted to take her to the potty, you were going to have to literally drag her dead weight style, while listening to her high pitch screech.  Needless to say this phobia has greatly interfered with potty training as all extended outings have lead to urine soaked panties, pants, socks, shoes, and anything else that happened to be in the line of fire.

But I digress, the weekend turned out great.  There were "hikes" and creeks, vintage shopping in downtown Boone, and some pretty fantastic eats (s'mores included).  I got some pretty great shots to share, the later half of the weekend is on my phone since some one with tiny tiny fingers managed to shove paper inside of my camera while I had the battery pack out charging, wonder who that could have been....Anywho, anybody have a good quick way to get a lot pictures off a phone at once.  I've fired my usb and email is just not cooperating with me :-(

Here are some goodies that did make it off the camera before it was brutally murdered mysteriously died.










Don't let the little one fool you, we've had to take her in for questioning...

No comments:

Post a Comment