Wednesday, January 18, 2012

cupcakes

Tony is currently in the kitchen attempting to bake cupcakes for me (for my birthday) using the cake mix W/soda technique that is so popular right now.  

There are 3 reasons why I think he is doing this:
  1. He hates that my parents (and step mother) forgot my birthday and is trying to make up for this fact
  2. He's tired of my b*tching about needing to eat better (so he's using diet soda)
  3. He bought cake mix and forgot to buy eggs
I'm sure at the heart of it, his reasons really are only 1&3 but I can also see him debating with himself in the store "she says you can really make cake with soda, I've tried the cakes she made and they worked out ok, should I buy regular soda or diet soda? if there are leftovers I'd rather drink regular, is she going to b*tch at me for buying regular? she did say she was feeling fat today, she's probably going to b*tch about regular soda, they are cupcakes though so who cares if they have 10 extra calories, I should buy diet" 

This is how I imagine my husband's brain works anyway.  I find it rather cute actually.  It's nice knowing someone actually cares about whether or not I'm going to be mad at them.  That sounds bad, at the very least reflective of low self-esteem, maybe it is but I don't think so, it's more of a reflection of bad/immature love matches in the past with people who really didn't care if I was upset at them or at anything for that matter.  So really the jist is I love my hubby :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment