Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Rocky Top You'll Always Be Home Sweet Home To Me"





October is my absolute favorite month of the year.  The Fall in Piedmont NC is short lived to say the least.   September is still ridiculously hot and by the time November rolls around it's freezing out.

Thus my love affair with October.  It is my Fall.  There are a great many things that I adore about the Fall: College football, the NC State fair, rolling out the sweaters and scarves, wood burning stoves, Halloween (the day Tony and I were officially engaged), but the end all be all favorite? The changing leaves.  And the best place to see them in all their red/orange/yellow glory?  The Blue Ridge Mountains.  These pictures were taken in August and the leaves are still their boring usual verdant shade.  But now that is oh so wonderful October? Every ounce of green you see here is bursting with the colors of a Fall fire.

The mountains are calling me, and I have every intention of answering them...

Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment