Sunday, November 27, 2011

I might drown in the amount of words piled around me

I am coming to the end of my first semester as a full time PhD student.  The end of a semester in school is never easy no matter what level of schooling you're in.  My husband is working on his BS and the end of each semester is no picnic for him either, so trust me I have no woe is me issues for being in a PhD program.

That being said...

Woe is me! lol.  I'm writing a manuscript for a maybe one day to be published article on clinical supervision of substance abuse counselors working within the military population.  Mouth full isn't it? Try writing it about half a billion times over the course of 10+ pages.  Not to mention the naggy detail that academic writing requires that you PROVE every little fact you mention.  I mean really, I have to PROVE that service members have less rights to privacy, I can't just say it, I have to say it and then say who else said it, where they said it, and preferably who they said, said it and where.  Which when I put it that way doesn't actually prove anything but hey I guess that's academia for ya.

When I'm all finished though (hopefully by tomorrow) I have fun fun stuff to share.  Did you know that Selma is the Antiques capital of NC?  I learned this yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment