Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Maybe we can go outside when yous done with your homework Mom"

It's all done and turned in!  The big bad manuscript is finally off my table (for now anyway, I'm sure I'll have to edit if I want it published).  I have 2 more days of class and a final and this semester is donezo!!!

I should be celebrating and perhaps I will muster the energy for a date night with my hubba bubba (Tony's nick name that popped out of my mouth about 30 seconds after we tied the knot and it has stuck).  Currently I'm lying as still as possible on the couch because I had the bright idea of joining my hubba bubba at the gym yesterday.  Whew that man made me work for it.  Muscles I didn't know I had are aching and by aching I mean screaming at me ruthlessly.

Why did I decide to cause myself this agony?  Well I like most women am not overly pleased with my body these days.  I've been thin my entire life.  In fact when I was in middle school one of the cruelest taunts I received was to have "Anorexic" screamed down the hall way, in the lunch room, on the bus etc.  I've wanted to be "thicker" for years (which other women have never understood).  Over the last couple of years my metabolism has slowed a bit and I have put on weight but I still have the 12 yr old body type I was born with.  Unfortunately what that has meant is that I'm still pretty thin but it's a nice, soft kind of thin, that shows every lump, bump, and cellulitey goodness, kind of like the old ratty t-shirt your husband hangs onto years after it has ceased to fit him properly, and embarrasses you in front of your friends.  Yeah that kind of thin and soft.

Oh and it definitely does not help that one of the meanest girls from middle school is now a successful fitness model.  Silver lining though she does serve as a good motivator...

No comments:

Post a Comment