Sunday, November 13, 2011

"If the scholar feels that he must know everything about any topic, he is in trouble - and will not publish with a clear conscience."

I know I have been remiss in my posting this week.  Unfortunately this is likely to continue into the next week or so.  I have a presentation tomorrow, a presentation Tuesday, a midterm Tuesday, and a manuscript due a week from tomorrow.  My 2 presentations are done thank goodness, my midterm is in Biostatistics so there very little I can do to actually study but I desperately need to make my formula sheet (it's allowed I promise!), and my manuscript? Well I've got a title page, 1.25 pages of text, and all my references so it's a start.  Not a great start, but a start none the less.  Minimum of 8.5 more pages to go.  I'm writing about clinical supervision of substance abuse counselors working with a military population.  Do you know how many other people have ever written on this topic?  Cause I'm not finding ANY.  Sounds good right?  Easy to publish when there's no other publications on the subject, sure.  But it also means I have to reference to tell me whether or not what I'm writing is remotely accurate.  Ugh.  Just wait until dissertation time.  Anticipate the rants, go ahead, you know they're coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment